Finance ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
We are an amazing professional services organisation that specialises in enabling the modern digital organisation and automating their systems by leveraging world leading cloud technologies. We are an Australian national, multi-award winning company who engage high calibre technology strategists, consultants and system integrators. We are in the beginning of an exciting journey where we are redefining the rules in the IT industry.
In a nutshell, we are looking for…
An organised, hands-on and efficient Finance Manager in a part-time capacity (3 or 4 days a week) to join our growing professional services business. We are looking for a hands-on individual to lead the Finance function and to act as a key support role to the wider business. Working alongside the Board and reporting to the General Manager, the role will be actively involved in the following areas:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annually financial reporting.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable (invoice creation, collections, data entry and payments).
- Monthly Payroll management (approximately 30 people).
- Reporting and lodgement of compliance obligations including BAS/Payroll, Tax/PAYG/FBT/SGC payments.
- Timesheet administration, set up and management of project codes, invoicing, utilisation reporting and some aspects of contracts management.
- Process improvement and Systems implementation (i.e. MYOB and Business Central).
- Management of business insurances.
- Manage and mentor 1 direct report.
- Where required, assist with the smooth running of the office environment including liaison with building/facilities managers/suppliers.
The knowledge and experience you will bring…
- Qualified or studying towards CA/CPA
- Hands-on experience in accounting or finance operations role
- Experience in IT industry or consulting business – preferred.
- Hands-on experience with implementing systems (MYOB, Business Central) – preferred.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of MS Excel, MS Office and accounting programs.
The skills and personal attributes to be successful…
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work well in a small team environment.
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with an eye for detail and capable of multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Strong people management skills, adaptable and a team player.
- Prefer to work in a non-corporate, fast paced environment and understand the nuances of working in a scale-up or smaller organisation.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?