Advertiser: COLAS Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
VSA Roads is a leading entity, constituted by four of Victoria’s & South Australia’s most trusted independent bitumen and asphalt surfacing businesses; PRIMAL, INROADS, CENTRE STATE ASPHALTING, TOPCOAT and our quarry, WESTERN QUARRIES.
Our bitumen and asphalt surfacing companies have grown into one of the largest road surfacing companies in Victoria & South Australia, with a proven track record of specialty work throughout Victoria, NSW and South Australia.
We are currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join our busy team in Laverton North. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall financial management and accounting of VSA Roads.
Other key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor all company expenditure and make recommendations where appropriate
- Manage funds and financial policy
- Supervise the investment of liquid assets in short term investments
- Prepare and evaluate capital expenditure projects and long-range financial plans and forecasts
- Ensure the development and preparation of financial and accounting information for management
- Review and establish accounting principles, practices, policies and procedures
- Interpret the statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost, budgets, policies of operations, trends and increased profit possibilities
- Prepare statistics for periodic and yearly financial statements, including the preparation of charts and graphs showing progress and results
- Prepare schedules for financial reporting in accord with statutory requirements and the needs of management
- Consolidate regular reports, budgets and forecasts from other divisions and submit to management
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven background in Financial Accounting in an operation of significant size for a minimum of 8 years, along with, a CPA or CA qualification.
Other requirements include:
- A strong knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attentional to detail along with a high level of accuracy
- Effective time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills & familiarity with ERP systems
- Police check required
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, job satisfaction and the opportunity to work with an organisation focused on safety and genuine employee development.
If you have a strong work ethic and are looking for a long-term opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your resume.
For more information on VSA Roads go to:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a finance manager?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?