LEISURE & LIFESTYLE ASSISTANTSPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
LEISURE & LIFESTYLE ASSISTANTS
Cheltenham Manor Aged Care Facility is seeking to employ two experienced LIFESTYLE ASSISTANTS on a permanent part-time basis.
Position 1 - Monday to Thursday 10.00am – 4.30pm
& Sunday 9.00am – 3.30pm (30hrs p/w)
Position 2 - Thursday 9.00am – 3.30pm & Saturday 9.00am – 3.30pm
(12hrs p/w) and will also include holiday/sick leave
coverage on occasion.
The successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is able to plan and facilitate group programs with the support of the Lifestyle Coordinator and Team. You will be responsible for ensuring each resident is able to participate in a variety of experiences that improves their quality of life, as well as focusing on their physical, social and spiritual needs.
It is an essential part of the role that you are able to maintain and develop good relationships with the Residents and their Representatives, and continuously promote improvement strategies in order to maintain a high level of Resident satisfaction.
Key Selection Criteria
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills.
- Confident in contributing to a lifestyle plan that meets the changing needs of Residents.
- Experience and ability to interact & communicate effectively with the elderly.
- Certificate IV in Lifestyle/Leisure (or equivalent) essential.
- Current Police Check (mandatory).
- Suitable applicants will have a minimum 3 years employment in the Aged Care sector.
Please forward your resume (including a cover letter) for consideration:
NOTE: only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.