AV or Security Installers looking for the next step
Advertiser: Control FreqMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
AV Installers looking for the next step
Join a young team of Integrators passionate about wowing our customers with the technologies we love!
Our people get to play with the most cutting edge home automation gadgets on the market today. We say ‘play’ because when you are having as much fun doing this as we do, it doesn’t feel like work.
Our passion is to help people realise what they’ve been missing all these years! It’s not just about turning a light on and making a speaker play your favourite song. We’re talking preparing your home for comfort before you’ve even arrived. We’re talking your home lighting the way into your house while the temperature adjusts to your mood. We’re talking sequences to make your mornings easier, music to invigorate, temperatures at optimum levels, and a sense of security unparalleled.
Answer your front door, from wherever you are in the world. Biometric and key-less entry. Home theatres. Control of under-floor heating, ceiling fans, whole house music, security, blind control, wind sensors or feigned occupancy (i.e. your house telling the world that you’re “TOTALLY” home, when you are really not).
In addition to all this, we also do heaps of commercial work associated with Energy Management, integration to Building Management Systems and Lighting Control systems such as C-Bus and Dynalite, amongst others.
Now, if this excites you that’s great, but it’s not enough to work for us. You have to want to be the best at what you do. Why? Because we are.
Meeting and exceeding our clients expectations has led us to be leaders in our field. I guess that’s what happens when you love what you do.
We’re after someone who has a passion for technology (not gaming, different technology), and making it work for our customers to such an extent that they can’t go back once they’ve had that sweet taste.
The team member we are looking for must have the following minimum experience:
- Experience installing AV or security equipment to a high-quality standard associated with any (or all) of the following:
- Building audio-visual racks, speaker installation, mounting TV
- Rough-in Audio Visual, Data, Security or other related systems cabling
- Installation of CCTV, security/access control systems
- Experience working on Australian construction sites and has White card
- Open Cabling License holder (endorsements will be highly regarded)
- Certificate / Diploma / Bachelor’s level electrical engineering or similar or commensurate on-job experience at same or higher level (desirable).
- Experience in fault finding referencing schematics and drawings.
- A passion for providing high level technical support and customer service.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail with your ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience using MS Office with particular emphasis on WORD, EXCEL and VISIO.
- Respectful, honest, punctual, diligent, conscientious and have high levels of integrity
- Current valid driver's licence and own vehicle.
- Has own basic tools such as power tools, screwdriver set, pliers, side cutters etc
- The right to work in Australia (Permanent Resident status highly regarded)
Candidates with the following credentials and qualities get bonus points:
- Has experience in programming systems such as C-Bus, Dynalite, RTI, Crestron, Ness M1 amongst others (highly regarded)
- Electrical License holder
- Loves installation and working in a tight knit team
- Loves a challenge and wants to learn how to install security, access control, intercom and other systems
- Enjoys getting their hands "dirty".
- Prepared to go beyond the call of duty to deliver the best quality solution for the customer
- Understand that the customer is their primary focus, and it's their job to ensure that their work not only meets expectations, but far exceeds it
- Have high standards, good organisation & planning skills and effective time management
- Smell nice, seriously, personal hygiene is important!
The role and responsibilities of the position include:
- Field servicing of C-Bus, Dynalite and other systems
- Opportunity to learn advanced programming for C-Bus, Dynalite, RTI, Security control systems
- Installing Security, Intercom, Access Control and Data network systems
- Building Audio Visual racks
- Climbing up ladders to install cameras, pull cables, get into ceiling spaces or under floor areas
- Working in the office and on site
- Create, update and maintain project documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Travel to various sites around Sydney and outside of Sydney, on different projects
- As we are involved in projects, site work may include working outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines or to accommodate the restrictions of client businesses (clock-watchers need not apply).
- If you’re the one we’re looking for we are ready and willing to train you on the job!
Our Company Culture will really tell you if you want to apply for this position. It will also tell us if you are the right fit for us. We need our next team member to live and breathe the following:
- Honesty – tell us how it is regardless of consequence. If you don’t know, ask. If you can’t do it, tell us….but only after you’ve tried.
- Integrity – do what you say you're going to do.
- Accountability – for your responsibilities
- Passion – for excellence, for technology, for customer satisfaction, for pride of work, for wanting to solve problems, for wanting to continually improve.
- Commitment - to achieving excellence, to be the best at what you do.
- Diligence – persist with hard things. Don’t give up. The solution does not always present itself immediately, but there is always a solution to be found. Find it, whatever it takes.
- Conscientiousness – All we ask is that you do your best, all of the time. Be thorough, do you work well, be proud of it. Reward will come.
- Teamwork – A person is not an island. The company’s success relies on it’s team, be a part of ours.
If the above describes who you are and you see the opportunity this role promises then we invite your application.
We offer a competitive salary, mobile phone, variety and plenty of job satisfaction to the right person depending on qualifications, experience and attitude.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?