Advertiser: Hypercube ScientificMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
Hypercube Scientific is a boutique consultancy offering simulation, optimisation and advanced analysis services. We focus on the mining, energy, agriculture, and infrastructure sectors and build long term business relationships based on our excellence, integrity, energy and flexibility. Our offices are in Gordon.
Due to high demand for our services, we have an opening for an ambitious scientist to add their keen analytical skills to our ambitious team. In joining Hypercube Scientific, you will gain ground floor access to a fast-moving, dynamic set of business opportunities and be an integral part of the team from day one. You will be involved in cutting edge simulations of complicated business operations, complicated scheduling and optimisation problems, and quickly drilling down to what can be learned (and what cannot be learned) from messy, real-world datasets.
We seek enthusiastic and bright candidates with:
- Qualifications in one of the hard sciences (eg physics, maths, biology or chemistry), preferably at a postgraduate level.
- Advanced statistical and analytical abilities
- Fluency in Python with ability and willingness to learn further tools and packages.
- 2 – 4 years in a technical role in industry preferred, but not essential. Consulting or software development experience highly regarded.
- Experience in one of our key sectors preferred, but not essential.
In return, we offer:
- Flexible, open and open-minded working environment. We are very open to discussing part-time roles or hours compatible with family or other commitments. We do our best to work with you so that you can do your best work with us!
- Remote working up to 3 days per week
- 11.5% super
- Employee bonuses
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?