Advertiser: AmeCareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
AmeCare is a highly dedicated and specialised agency supporting people with mental heath and dual disabilities.
We pride ourselves on being passionate and dedicated to meeting immediate needs, building independence and supporting a persons well-being.
We strive to reconnect people with their community and fostering good relationships with a range of young people and adults from diverse backgrounds.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants.
Our head office is based in Bundoora but we have participants based all over Melbourne.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting participants to develop the desired skills set out in their NDIS plans; personal care, budgeting shopping, domestic skills, using public transport, community access etc
- Assisting participants with their weekly plans to help them reach their goals
- Working with participants and helping them develop self-advocacy skills and to advocate on their behalf when required.
- Assist participants in decision making and daily panning
- Assist participants to access the community
- Assisting participants to develop and maintain positive relationships with friends, family, service providers and supports
- Keep regular case notes on the progress of the participant
- Undertaking duties required by management to assist the organisation to achieve its goals
- Travelling and engaging with customers at their home, place of work or in the community
- Coordinating activities with the participant
- Assessing and managing risk in activities.
To be eligible for the position:
- A criminal record check completed within the last 3 months must be supplied. When an employee has lived outside of Australia for 12 months or more within the last 10-year period, an international check must also be supplied on request.
- Currently hold/is working towards a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline. (Cert IV in mental health, community services, AOD, youth, disability etc)
- Previous employment/lived experience as a support worker or similar role.
- Good/excellent knowledge of the disability, mental health, and/or community care sector
- Must receive a ‘clear’ from the Disability Worker Exclusion scheme check.
- Providing support in line with the goals in the participants NDIS plan
- Keeping accurate and up to date case notes on participants progress
- Working within the guidelines of the NDIS and reporting to management if the need arises
- Feel confident working with people with complex needs
- Be willing to travel to the Northern, Western and South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- Own and drive their own vehicle
If you are not keen on travel, please do not apply. We are specifically looking for candidates who will work in the Northern suburbs (e.g. Heidelberg, Bundoora, Epping) and South East suburbs (e.g. Glen Waverley, Dandenong)
Please email all CV's and cover letters to Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your applications :)
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?