Field Service Technician
Advertiser: OPEC Systems Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Field Engineering
Introducing OPEC Systems
OPEC Systems is a leader in the Bulk Fuel Industry, with clients in the Defence, Infrastructure, Retail and Corporate sectors. As one of our Field Service Technicians, you will be based in Williamstown North, Melbourne, VIC servicing clients in the Greater Melbourne area. There may also be opportunities to travel further afield for specific projects or for this role to be based in Newcastle or Sydney.
OPEC Systems is a values based company. We are looking for applicants who will embrace our values and join a great team of people. Those values are:
- People matter, always
- Hard right over easy wrong
- Rise to the challenge
- Good today, better tomorrow
The role includes, but is not always limited to:
- Fuel system installation, including management systems
- Rectification and compliance upgrades
- Tank, pipe and valve commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning
- Integrity testing of tanks and lines
- Fuel and Tank overhauls and testing
We are not necessarily limiting the role to a person with extensive experience in bulk fuel hardware. What we seek is an experienced and motivated Field Service Technician who can work in the field working alone or as part of a team. You may be a hydraulic technician, a diesel fitter, gas fitter or currently working on water tanks and pipes. The primary skill required is that you understand fluid dynamics, storage and handling and you are comfortable to operate primarily in a field environment. We can and will work with the right individual to teach you the bulk fuel game.
For this exciting role, you will:
- Be Safety, Quality and Client focussed
- Have several years' experience in a field based environment involved in liquid processing and storage systems (pumps, pipes, valves, control systems)
- Have either Fitter or Boilermaker qualifications or be able to demonstrate similar competencies.
- Have good knowledge of working in hazardous areas
- Understand the installation of hydrocarbon storage and transfer system components
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of WHS and other relevant standards and codes of practice.
- Enjoy working independently
- Have the ability to travel
- Be familiar with Microsoft applications (primarily Excel)
- Have a manual driver's licence
- Have a Construction Safety Card
- Preferably be Confined Spaces and Working Safely at Heights qualified
Conditions, Pay & benefits
OPEC is a great place to work with good people and excellent conditions like:
- Competitive wage
- Plenty of opportunity for overtime and travel allowances.
- Vehicle and fuel allowances
- IT equipment (phone, tablet)
- Yearly bonuses
- Flexible working hours
To apply, attach your resume, and a cover letter letting us know why you are the person for the job, to this SEEK ad or email OPEC Systems HR Manager, Dave Kirkby on DKirkby@opecsystems.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?