Container Fleet Controller/Job Allocator
Advertiser: Skippers TransportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Fleet Management
Skippers Transport has been providing transport services in Perth for over 50 years.
Due to the level of exciting growth within our company, we are looking for an experienced fleet controller for our container division/port services.
The position will be based at our Welshpool premises. The fleet controller/allocator will be responsible for job allocation and scheduling our container fleet movements, ensuring all delivery deadlines are adhered to. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
To be considered for this role you are required to have the following:
- Prior experience with managing a fleet of vehicles for container deliveries
- Sound computer skills - Cargowise and Container Chain software essential
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Excellent knowledge of Port operations and container movements
- OH&S and Fatigue management
- Forklift Ticket (desirable)
- Ensuring exceptional customer service
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Communicating with drivers and operational staff
- Ensuring efficient utilisation of equipment
- Arrange maintenance of vehicles/equipment to minimise lost time and profitability
- Maintain service levels
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Must be meticulous with attention to detail
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications can be sent via Email link below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?