Front Office Reservation ReceptionistPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
A casual position has become available at our award winning Holiday Village here on the Gold Coast. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Front Office Reservation Receptionist to join our friendly team.
Our Reception Team is involved with holiday, corporate, group and long term reservations, arrivals/departures, tour and excursion sales, guest enquiries, holiday guest activities, replying to enquiries via social media, email and live chat, general store duties, general housekeeping of office and general duties to assist other departments (housekeeping (folding of linen etc), aviary, marketing....).
The successful applicant must possess;
- Experience in the tourism/hospitality industry in a similar role;
- Experience working in a reservation system (e.g. Newbook, RMS) Please note further training will be provided with our system provider;
- Proven customer service experience;
- Stable work history;
- High level of communication and written skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- Broad level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Live Chat.....);
- Excellent personal presentation with a friendly disposition; and
- Flexibility to work various hours/days and a willingness to carry out various tasks as required
The successful applicant must be prepared to;
- Accept a Casual Contract – approx. a minimum of 20-30 hours per week. Please note hours may increase depending on the requirements of the business – peak periods, high occupancy, a team member falls ill or takes leave;
- Accept that the roster is not set and will vary each week depending on the requirements of the business;
- You will be rostered over a 7 day rotating roster including weekends;
- Be available to work all shift types between the hours of 7am and 10pm Monday to Sunday with each shift ranging from 4 to 8 hours;
- Not to request annual leave during school holidays and other periods of high occupancy;
- Provide a Blue Card as you may be working with young holiday guests (if not, we will arrange one for you); and
- Available for an immediate start
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please email your cover letter and current resume, along with any relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected hourly rate?