Student Support Staff
Advertiser: Albury Wodonga Community CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
The position works across the School (working closely with the Head of Campus, classroom teachers, and ACHE representatives), being an employee whose principal duties are to provide support to teachers and students in a secondary classroom or to individual students or groups of students. At times, you may be instructed by the Head of Campus or his/her delegate to perform other duties, when the Head of Campus deems fit, as they arise.
• Follow directions from and report to the Head of Campus.
• Provide classroom support and liaise with teachers and students.
• General administration and resource management when necessary.
• Assist to conduct excursions and supervision of students.
• Highly developed organisational abilities including the ability to prioritise tasks and work quickly and accurately.
• Demonstrated computer skills and experience in working with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook) email and the internet.
• Ability to tailor learning resources or lesson instructions to the appropriate ability and interest level to ensure relatability and student engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to work with as part of a small team.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proactive approach and commitment to Albury Wodonga Community College Limited management and team.
• An ability to ensure their own and co-workers' safety by adopting safe working practices and compliance with WH&S policies and procedures.
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment.
SC2 Demonstrated the capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
SC6 A minimum of a Certificate III or Certificate IV in Education Support qualification.
SC7 NSW & VIC Working with Children Check.
Gain tax benefits through Salary Packaging. More information regarding Salary Packaging can be obtained from the Maxxia Website:
For further information on the position or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Friday, 6th December 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?