Advertiser: Frontline Human ResourcesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Road Transport
About the Client
Our client is a major manufacturer in Australia with global operations in Asia and America grown to become one of the world's leading privately-owned packaging, paper and recycling companies. The company’s past, present and future are linked by a commitment to growth, through meeting our customers' needs and the wise use and re-use of scarce resources.
About the role
This role will be based at Clayton and will require someone who is able to work well within a team environment and someone that is also capable of working closely with internal stakeholders (Operations, planning) on site from varied business units.
As a Fleet Allocator you are responsible for the day to day management of company drivers and subcontractors. Your role is to ensure that all transport requests are actioned whilst delivering an exceptional level of utilisation, customer service and relationship management.
This role demands a high level of operational experience, customer service as well as attention to detail. This role works across multiple business units and requires strong relationship management.
- Vendor accountability to meet service requirements.
- Managing freight movements between operational sites to customers both internal and external.
- Managing freight movements between for all organisationals external customer’s requirements.
- Managing freight movements in both regional areas and capital cities
- Company Asset Utilisation - Ensuring our company assets are optimised at greater than 95%.
- Operational Scheduling - Ensuring all customer requests are planned and assigned to transport and shipments tendered to appropriate carriers while prioritising allocation to Logistics Fleet
- Communication - with customers and carriers on any delays that will affect their shipment
- Relationship Management - Carriers - Daily liaison with carrier base to secure available transport, pursuing the lowest cost carrier per lane without jeopardising the customer’s transport requirements and relationship
- Relationship Management - Customers - Site visits to build relationships with both customers and subcontractors
- Work as a Team to pursuit lowest cost and high efficiency - Ensuring communication within the team to maximise performance, and build stronger support from our suppliers through forward planning & cross utilisation while maximising the consolidation of LTL loads to FTL loads to build margin and utilise vehicles
- Manage System Operational Alerts - actioning request changes and ensuring orders are correct and carriers notified of amendments and that no alerts are sitting In Progress
- Daily review of Rates - ensuring all requests and shipments have rated correctly for both the customer and carrier
About the Candidate
You will have demonstrated experience in national fleet allocation and high understanding compliance, legislative requirements such as fatigue management laws to ensure demands comply with current COR laws. You will also be highly proficient in load planning & optimisation with strong analytical skills demonstration superior ability to systemically plan resources.
The ideal candidate will also have the following attributes:
- Working with a Sense of Urgency - Timely Action/Response to customers and carriers’ queries and correcting where necessary
- Working on multiple priorities at the same time. Be able to work through critical issues in a methodical manner.
- Professionalism - Ensure a professional approach at all times when dealing with customers and subcontractors
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'
You will be required to meet a pre-employment criteria which will include a criminal history check and a pre employment medical (including drug and alcohol testing).
we look forward to receiving your application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that only applicants with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.