- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Fundraising
We make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
Animal Welfare League NSW cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all companion animals to have a safe and loving home.
We are currently looking for a motivated Fundraising & Database Officer who is interested in joining our close-knit Marketing and Fundraising team. Reporting to the CEO, this role involves a wide range of tasks and responsibilities within the organisation. This position is for a maternity leave contract starting in January 2020 (for approximately 6-7 months).
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Brief the marketing team on the delivery of overall direction and growth for donor programs
- Interacting with new and existing donors to increase revenue, reduce supporter attrition and reinforce donor loyalty
- Providing support to the marketing and finance team to ensure the continuous improvement of donor programs
- Accurately and efficiently maintaining all information held within the database
- Data extraction and segmentation
- Regular reporting and analysis of data
- Regular updating of financial records
- Member and donor stewardship and nurturing
- Oversee the regular giver program
- Communicate with volunteer branches through the Branch Liaison Officer regarding marketing, fundraising, and membership queries
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Assist with events where necessary
The skills you will possess are:
- 2 years in a related fundraising role or similar administration role
- Excellent attention to detail and administration skills
- High level of accuracy with data processing and management
- Strong ability to multitask, being efficient and organised
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel
- Project management and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well both in a team and autonomously
- Previous experience with salesforce desirable, but not essential
- Advanced general database skills including knowledge of fundraising databases (desirable)
- Passion for animals and keen interest in companion animals in particular (desirable)
Why join AWL NSW
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience
- A supportive culture in a semi-rural setting
- A real opportunity to save lives and make a difference
Own transport is essential
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?