ICT DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEERS
Advertiser: Total IT Consult Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Provide desktop support services - assisting staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- 4 to 7 years of field experience in End User support including VIP support
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Sound technical knowledge in Windows Desktop support (Windows 10) is essential.
- Good knowledge of Outlook (Office 365) is important.
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies, and management concepts.
- Basic knowledge of SCCM.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be professional, self-motivated, resourceful, flexible and work with minimal supervision.
Duties include (but not limited too)
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, PDAs, Blackberrys, and LAN cable drops
- Break-fix, troubleshoot and resolve software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommissioning
- Support the user in local data backup and restore as per the documented process.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist in Incident and Problem management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end-user support requests (Incidents) and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
- Move equipment within the premises associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain spare parts/ inventory list on a monthly basis and coordinate for any disposal requisites
- Provide support, setup, test, training, logistics, and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site.
Advantageous Skills for support at sites would be:
- ITIL certified
- MSCE qualification
- IPad and tablets support
- Audio Videoconferencing
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?