- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Cubic Transportation Systems Australia (CTS Australia) is a leading integrator of information and payment technology / services for intelligent travel solutions. Our people are key to delivering on our major projects; the go Card in Brisbane and the Opal card in Sydney.
When working at Cubic you will not only be working in an engaging workplace; but you will also receive:
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Access to the Cubic Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounts on selected health insurance and gym memberships
- Cubic Social and Save Club - access to a range of retail savings and discounts as well as many Cubic Social events!
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, the Assistant Accountant provides support across all Cubic APAC subsidiaries. As a key member our APAC Shared Services team, they will ensure the team meets audit and reporting standards and deadlines.
- Preparation of assigned Balance Sheet Reconciliations in accordance with month end timetable
- Assisting with cost allocation of mobile phone bills, cab charges and travel credit card statement
- Review and approve expense reimbursement.
- Assisting with Month End Accounting, including journal preparation and posting
- Cash receipting of customer payments on a timely basis
- Bank reconciliation
- Assistance with the preparation of the Australian Income Tax return and annual Fringe Benefits Tax return
- Assistance with maintenance of fixed asset register including additions, disposals and depreciation
- Comply with SOX requirements and support Internal Audit & External Audit request
- Produces ad hoc reports as required
- Financial administration tasks
You will have completed a Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent. To be successful in the role you will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain relationships at all levels of the business. You will be pro-active, organised and most importantly motivated to grow within the team! Please note, advanced Excel proficiency is a must for this tole.
Condition of Employment
Successful outcome of a National Police Check