Assistant AccountantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
This is a newly created opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our team based in the heart of Camberwell, close to shops and cafes with easy access to public transport and on-site parking provided.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, we are seeking a permanent, full-time Assistant Accountant to join our Property Finance team where you will be supporting in multiple functions.
About the role:
- End-to-end Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Processing, accurate coding, correct GST treatment and payment entries;
- Oversee corporate credit card administration including Issuance and cancellation of cards, management of credit card expenses, ensuring monthly expenses are allocated correctly and in compliance with company policies;
- Communicate consistent, timely and accurate information with the team and external vendors;
- Daily bank reconciliations Balance Sheets
- General ledgers journals and reconciliations
- Accurate and timely recording of invoices and relevant statements and daily processing of accounts payable and receivable
- Detailed and accurate maintenance of cash flow forecasts
- Efficiently and effectively managing, scanning and filing of all invoices and financial documentation
- Minimum 3-4 Years’ experience in an Assistant Accountant role or similar
- Degree qualified in a Finance-related discipline
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail
- Able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Professionally presented
- Excellent organisational skills and deadline driven
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Flexible, Agile and able to prioritise tasks
- Working towards a CPA or CA would be looked on favourably
- Experience with Xero system desirable
What you’ll get in return:
- Permanent, full-time role
- Competitive salary
- Immediate start
- On-site, undercover parking
- Opportunities for growth
Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?