OUTSIDE SCHOOL HOURS CARE CO-ORDINATOR
Advertiser: Interseed LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Carmichael Outside School Hours Care is a Christian run service onsite with a Private Christian School, Childcare Centre & Kindy. The service we provide expresses our Christian faith and beliefs. We offer before and after school care as well as vacation care. Our program provides children with numerous opportunities to learn through varied experiences and activities to equip them with essential skills to prepare them for school and beyond.
We currently seek a Coordinator who is self-motivated, hands-on, with sound time management skills in delivering a quality educational program for children whilst building relationships with families and key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be supported by a quality-focused coordination and management team and be responsible for the day to day operations of a large 100 licenced place OSHC program.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and implement programs for children aged 5 – 12 years in Before School Care and After School Care and Vacation Care
- Provide leadership and direction to staff
- Build relationships with children, their families and the school
- Carry out administration requirements of the service
- Responsible for Compliance according to the Department of Education regulations
- Oversee the implementation of and adherence to relevant law, regulations and National Quality Framework including ‘My Time Our Place’ https://www.acecqa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018-05/my_time_our_place_framework_for_school_age_care_in_australia_0.pdf
- Passion for integrating the Christian faith and character development in all aspects of our environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing and developing a team of staff
- An innovative, motivated and passionate approach to creating quality education and care settings for children aged 5-12
- Sound understanding of the National Law & Regulations, National Quality Framework including “My Time Our Place” framework
- Current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Preferably Diploma Qualifications in Outside School Hours Care or Children’s Services
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to build sound networks within the school and community
Regulated Requirements (completed or willing to obtain)
- A current Employee Working with Children's Check
- HLTAID003 or higher
- Child Protection Training
- First Aid and Anaphylaxis Training
- Asthma Management Training
- Working with Children Check
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A passion for Faith lead teaching
What is on offer to you:
- Discounted childcare benefits
- Professional Development days
- A supportive leadership team and friendly centre environment.
If you are passionate about working with children in a supportive Christian environment and would like to join our team of early childhood professionals, then we would love to hear from you.
Please include a pastoral reference with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Do you have professional child care experience?