Head of Laboratory Services
Advertiser: Sonic Clinical Trials Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Pathology
Sonic Clinical Trials, a leading provider of central laboratory services supporting pharmaceutical, biotechnology & medical device clinical trials, is seeking to fill a full-time Head of Laboratory Services role for our highly regulated clinical trials laboratory.
This exciting role will be for an experienced Laboratory Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a multi-disciplinary pathology laboratory.
You will require leadership and superior communication skills, excellent scientific and technical skills, high emotional intelligence, highly organised individual with the ability to motivate and build teams, develop plans and strategies and deliver in specified time frames.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Management of day to day specimen reception and laboratory operations in a multidisciplinary laboratory.
- Development and oversight of Standard Operating Procedures for all testing performed in the laboratory. Ensuring compliance with laboratory policies, testing standards and standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining Quality Assurance in the laboratory including regular review of internal QC and external proficiency testing.
- Development of new test methods for the laboratory, including verification/validation studies.
- Research on laboratory equipment and analysers including detailed cost analysis.
- Monthly workflow analysis – KPI reporting.
- Recruitment and performance management including training, competency, continuing education and job evaluation.
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or management role;
- Previous experience as laboratory manager is highly preferred;
- Proven track record in managing accreditation (NATA) and audits;
- Excellent Proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office suite of products;
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills; solid communication skills; excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to motivate, lead and manage a team
- Preparation of operational budgets and capital expenses, develop and execute strategic goals for growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science, Life Sciences or equivalent
The role is based within a dynamic team environment at our Macquarie Park Head Office and will appeal to an experienced and highly motivated Laboratory Manager or equivalent role looking for a challenge at the next level.
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume via Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?