Student Services OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
The Student Services Department is the central point of contact for student issues. The staff is responsible for helping students with various queries, carrying out the administration of enrolment and progression of students throughout their studies.
Key duties/ responsibilities:
- Enrolment of new students into the database.
- Issue student ID cards.
- Assist the DOS with Orientation.
- Provide student start-up information.
- Confirming the students for course commencement in prisms.
Processing Student Requests
- Assist students in their various requests such as: change of class, change of course, application for leave of absence and course cancellation by advising them of the appropriate course of action and documentation required.
- Explain complaints and appeals processes.
- Issue confirmation letters for students as requested.
- Ensure students contact details are up to date and that they are aware of their obligations to inform the college of any changes
- Inform students of the outcome of any requests of the nature described above.
- Application for course transfer.
- Requests for certification.
- Send out warning letters/ITR to students who have unsatisfactory course progress or attendance
- Provide assistance with personal, emotional or cultural issues
- Provide assistance with reasonable student requests of any other nature.
- Enter information and report breached conditions into PRISMS.
- Correspondence regarding overdue fees, warning letters
- Maintain the registry for general student requests (change of class, change of course, application for leave of absence and course cancellation)
- Generate class rolls and distribute to trainers
- Monitor student attendance on a weekly basis
- Assess the reason for absence and if the student needs support from the college to refer such cases to the DOS as appropriate.
- Referral to the DOS or counselor where appropriate.
- Referral to relevant staff where appropriate.
- Inform students of misconduct reporting procedures.
Maintenance of Student Services Area
- Maintain stationary supplies.
- Maintain reception and common areas.
- Ensure that displays on the notice boards are up to date and appropriate.
Please respond with a cover letter and your curriculum vitae highlighting the matching criteria.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have native or bilingual proficiency in any languages other than English?