Technical Business Analyst
Advertiser: Data Difference Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- $80 - $100+ per hour
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
Immediate start (ideally Melbourne-based).
6-month initial contract with a high probability of extension.
- Varied interesting projects encapsulating many technologies.
Established in 1997, Data Difference is a boutique software development company specialising in custom software, database, Business Intelligence (BI), reporting solutions and OTS implementations. Our varied client base includes the manufacturing, retail, aeronautical, corporate and logistics industries. Our success is derived from an intimate understanding of our clients' businesses and the experience of our team to tailor innovative solutions to address their needs.
Do you enjoy being the key go-to-person when business executives and teams need help? This is a challenging and exciting role with a well-established Melbourne CBD client site that has a presence in every Australian capital and a long list of blue ribbon clients.
On top of providing day-to-day support, you will have a key role in defining the direction of future system requirements and developments and coordinating the implementation of improvements. The full range of front and back-of-house business processes and supporting systems will be within your scope offering plenty of interesting challenges and the potential to deliver great value to the organisation.
- Become the subject matter expert for multiple internal systems
- Acquiring, analysing and documenting requirements
- Work with vendors to define solutions and resolve problems
- Provide ongoing guidance for system development goals and priorities
- Work with relevant stakeholders to review and approve new system features
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Requirements management
- Stakeholder and vendor management
- Negotiation, multi-tasking and priority setting
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecyle
- Ability to understand complex systems, databases and integrations
- Familiarity with a variety of system architectures – e.g. desktop, web, mobile, reporting
- Familiarity with a variety of business system types – e.g. online bookings, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Database structures and basic SQL
- Advanced Excel
- Data analysis and reporting
- User acceptance and bug-fix testing coordination
- User interface design
- Report design
- User training
- VBA programming
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Management Studio
If you feel your aspirations, skills and experience are perfect match for this exciting position please email your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
*****This position is only open to Australian residents*****
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a technical business analyst?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?