Sales and Service Summer Casuals
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts large numbers of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 500 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunities
We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly Sales and Service Attendants to join our team in our shops during the busy summer season. A range of rostered shifts are available that occur between 8.30am until 6.30pm 7 days a week.
The role involves:
- Engaging with customers from all over the world across our stores including Belgrave, Menzies Creek, Emerald Lakeside and Gembrook
- Working with a team of people dedicated to exceptional customer service
- Preparing coffee and selling light snacks
- Stocking shelves, pricing and tidying displays
We seek people who:
- Go above and beyond to engage with and service our culturally diverse visitors
- Are team players that can also work independently
- Are self-motivated, hard-working and thrive in a busy environment
- Are keen, reliable and respectful
- Holding a Food Handling Certificate desirable
- Previous experience in retail/customer service/cash handling looked upon favourably
- Have full availability to work from 26 December until 7 January
Please note: Prior to commencement you will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold an employee status Working with Children Check, and undergo a Category 3 Rail Safety medical.
For further information see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/ or submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the best person for the position via Seek.com.au. Applications assessed as received, so don't delay. Previous applicants need not apply.
Puffing Billy Railway is a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to sign our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?