- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
Global Advanced Metals is one of the world's leading suppliers of tantalum products. We are committed to the responsible supply and manufacture of various tantalum products and operate to high standards of sustainable development. Our Western Australian Greenbushes operation processes and ships Tantalum to our facilities in Boyertown, USA. We also have offices and processing facilities in Japan.
About the role
Supporting the Group Financial Controller, this role requires a professional all-rounder who enjoys variety and working in a smaller team environment and being a key member of the HQ Team. The main focus of the role will be the day to day control of the corporate accounting function including financial accounting and overseeing accounts payable & receivable.
Other key duties within the role include:
- Oversee and maintain the integrity of financial records including policies and procedures
- Oversee the corporate month-end close process and adherence to timelines
- Month end consolidated accounts and year-end financial statements.
- Provide the tax effect accounting and assist in preparation of the yearly tax return
- Ad hoc reporting including: various tax, royalties and board reports
Benefits and perks
- Well located modern office in West Perth
- Dedicated Parking Bay
- Eligible for company bonus scheme
Skills and experience
- CA qualified (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of three years' experience preparing year-end financial statements
- Suit someone from Big 4 / mid-tier audit background
- Mining, manufacturing or processing experience would be an advantage
While technical expertise is important, personality, attitude and a desire to continue learning are paramount as culture fit is very important to us.
Applicants eligible to work in Australia are encouraged to send a detailed resume and cover letter with your application.
We will not accept applications from candidates via external recruiters or agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial accountant?