Mine Surveyor - Underground
Advertiser: West African Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Surveying
UNDERGROUND MINE SURVEYOR
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company is currently preparing for the development and operation of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.2 Mtpa Gold project in West Africa encompasses both underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold). The Project will have average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs. Project economics are robust, with AISC of <US$600/oz over first 5 years and US$650 over life of mine. Year 1 production is anticipated to be over 300,000oz gold from underground and open pit ores, at All-In Sustaining Costs of less than US$500/oz.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced mine surveyor to work as part of an Australian led underground mining team.
Reporting to Underground Manager and working as part of the Underground Mining and Technical team, the Mine Surveyor will initially assist in the development of surveying systems and procedures as part of operational readiness, and then work as part of a small team of mine surveyors.
The Mine Surveyor will be responsible for:
- Establishing surveying systems and procedures;
- Identification and recommendation for the purchase of survey equipment;
- Establishing reporting procedures;
- Physical set up of surveying work environment;
- Assist in the recruitment of the surveying team.
- Ensure that all underground surveying functions are performed to a high standard and in a timely manner;
- Review and maintain the survey practices, procedures and management plans;
- Maintain accurate, up to date mine plans and manage end of month reporting, contract physical calculation and associated reconciliations;
- Stockpile reconciliations;
- Maintain accurate survey records and survey controls;
- Provision of general surveying services to the site as required;
- Mentor team members.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced underground mine surveyors with the following skills and experience;
- Qualifications in Surveying
- Significant and recent experience working as an Underground Mine Surveyor at an operating underground mining operation
- Have the confidence and experience to work as part of a small / hands-on team
- A competent user of Surpac software (essential)
- Drone license / experienced operator (highly regarded)
ROSTER AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, expatriate travel to and from the site, 6 weeks on / 3 weeks off roster cycle.
Site accommodation: newly constructed camp / village with excellent accommodation and recreational facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) by following the “APPLY NOW” prompts.
Please include the following details as part of your covering letter;
- Domicile (Country / city);
- Salary range expectation (US$);
- Expatriate experience;
- Availability to commence the role.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website;
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.