Senior Compliance Manager
Advertiser: AI Group Talent SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Federal
Ai Group Talent Solutions is the recruitment arm of Ai Group. We are a best practice advisory service delivered by leading Industry specialists, focused on delivering a cost-effective service when finding exceptional talent for our business partners. As part of the broader Ai Group, we are a partnership and should be considered your advisors rather than transaction focused.
Our client is highly reputable and are a growing global organisation seeking applications from experienced and professional Senior Compliance Managers.
The position requires the successful candidate to have a strong background in export control regimes, namely Australian and US export Laws and experience in overall compliance with facilitating import and export activities.
Responsibilities for this position, but not limited to:
- Delivering training on trade compliance related matters, including Australian Prohibited Export Regulations, US ITAR and EAR regulations, as well as on general Customs regulatory requirements and practices, such as matters on tariff classification, duties, and other various importing requirements
- Developing and implementing export and import regulatory related policy, standards, processes and tools
- Provide expertise on export control regimes and Customs compliance requirements to Trade Compliance teams across different business units
- Facilitating regular internal trade compliance reviews and audits
- Evaluate and implement corrective actions
- Develop and implement KPIs for the Trade Compliance function
- Investigate and report on suspected export control related non-compliances.
Skills and attributes to be successful:
- Good analytical skills, coupled with strong writing skills and process driven mindset
- Experience in international trade compliance, export controls regimes and/or international relations
- Time management and organisational experience, including an ability to prioritise, plan and organise workload and timeframes
- Aptitude for learning new systems or tools quickly
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required.
Our client supports their employees to develop professionally and succeed. Support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
For this position you will need to hold a current Baseline Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
To apply for this opportunity, click “APPLY” now and attach your MS word resume. For a confidential discussion please call the Ai Group Talent Solutions on 02 6233 0704.