ROV Supervisors & Pilot Technicians
Advertiser: Focus SubseaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Operations
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The role of the ROV Supervisor is to supervise the operation of the assigned ROV system and make sure that the ROV tasks defined in the work scope are performed in accordance with internal and external requirements. They are also responsible for coordinating activities in co-operation with the client.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Focus Subsea and the rig or vessel and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Actively reporting all undesired events and safety observations.
- Actively reporting non-conformances.
- Actively reporting and managing any unsafe act, condition or procedure or environmental unsafe acts and conditions to the Chief Officer so that action can be taken to manage or minimize any and all risk.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Focus Subsea and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Participate in familiarization and debriefing sessions prior to mobilization/demobilization (if applicable).
- Familiarize the crew within the scope of work and other project related matters.
- Participate in specific projects/work tasks as required.
- Attend Focus Subsea office / designated site to undertake preparation or repair work on assigned ROV system prior to and/or upon completion of offshore operations.
- Ensure the ROV Operations are executed within the constraints of Focus Subsea's Operational and Safety Procedures.
- The instigation and co-ordination of Risk Assessments and Equipment Failure reports relating to the ROV Systems under their control.
- Liaise with Operations Manager / Support Coordinator on all ROV-system related issues.
- Briefing the Client's representative fully on the operational capability and limitations of the relevant ROV and associated equipment.
- Operate according to Focus Subsea's Management Principles.
- Work within the parameters of responsibility outlined for the vessel in the Rig/Vessel Authority Matrix.
- Support standards and procedures for the ROV Function.
- Completion of valid IMCA (or equivalent) ROV Certification.
- Qualification in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronic / Hydraulics Engineering or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of Subsea Operations.
- IMCA logbook.
- Valid offshore survival and medical.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have experience in a FIFO/DIDO role?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you available to work FIFO / DIDO contracts?