Warehouse/ Store Person (Full time)
Advertiser: Arova Kitchens and BathroomsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- $40,000 - $49,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Arova is a fast growing bathroom products supplier in Melbourne. We are seeking someone with experience in warehousing to assist with all picking and packing of orders, receiving stock and other general warehouse duties, full time working across Monday to Saturday.
- Carry out picking and packing of orders across pallets, cartons and satchels, intelligently packing products to minimize cubic freight sizes
- Receive, count and store goods received from local suppliers and via international containers, this will require forklift operation and heavy lifting
- Process orders and assist customers to load
- Carry out quality checks for received goods when required as per defined processes.
- Replenish pick faces from bulk storage and effectively manage bulk storage to minimize space requirements.
- Process and maintain necessary documentation to control stock in system.
- Carry out routine cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy, notifying the purchasing team when product is low or there are count discrepancies.
- General warehouse duties, including keeping the warehouse organised and tidy
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times.
What we require
- Current valid forklift licence is preferred
- Physically fit and ability to handle heavy items in a safely manner
- High regard for a safety warehouse operation
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- An understanding of warehouse functions, processes and systems
- Organised, efficient and with attention to detail
- Have a sense of urgency and an ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and prepared to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Sound communication skills
What we offer
- Immediate start
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Free parking and close to train station & public transport
- Excellent staff incentives and career progressions
- Generous staff discounts
If you're an experienced warehouse professional capable of juggling conflicting demands with tight deadlines, and want to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team, we'd love you to apply!
Learn more about us at www.arova.com.au
All applicants must pass personal reference and criminal history checks.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse storeperson?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- What's your expected annual base salary?