Advertiser: Hyundai Rotem CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Engineering, Systems Engineering
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work collaboratively with the other engineering disciplines to ensure all tests are carried out successfully.
- Carry out the static and Dynamic test for trains in Sydney (Day & Night shift)
- Work collaboratively with the customer, discussing technical issues/solutions and managing the outcomes.
- Have the ability to fault find problems in a safe, logical and systematic manner.
- Keep a record of testing activities, issues/defects which may arise, working with the team to ensure that all FRACAS / NCRs are captured, addressed and formally closed.
- Ensure compliance with all record keeping requirements and any other relevant policies and procedures
- Review and revising technical documents as required.
- Input quality data to HRC’s quality system and follow up on any engineering related quality issues.
- Implement and monitor the engineering change process (ECP). Assist in the identification of all necessary materials to carry out the change (field modification instruction).
- Identify and promote process improvements (eg checklists), eliminate waste where possible and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement HRC Rail Drug and Alcohol testing program as required.
- Participate in site safety activities and safety promotion campaigns.
- Undertake any adhoc projects, initiatives, tasks as directed by the HRC T&C Manager.
This position operates within guidance from HRC’s Test & Commissioning Manager and parameters derived from approved business operating plans, contracts and tasks allocated to meet operational and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements. This level of authority is as noted below but may vary with business and operational requirements.
- Specific role, responsibility and accountability according to the HRC position description and the Eveleigh / Kangy Angy Safety Management Plans.
- Halt work practices and any actions that could reasonably be seen to adversely affect your personal health and safety or that of any other worker, contractor, visitor, and customer or community member.
- Take any reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others subject to any limitations and/or obligations defined within HRC’s HSSE management system.
- Report and elevate any situation that may result in serious impact or harm to business performance or reputation.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with all HRC’s HSSE policies, procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
- Ensure compliance with HRC’s Fitness for Work Policy, including undertaking your own Drug & Alcohol responsibility of care and submitting to random testing as required.
- Ensure compliance with all emergency plans and procedures and ensuring they are displayed as appropriate within your area.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Rail Safety legislation.
- Ensure all work is compliant with HRC’s Quality Management Systems policies and procedures and ISO 9001:2016 requirements.
- All personnel are responsible for ensuring the quality of their work meets specified standards and requirements.
- Raise any non-conformances, with regard to product or process, with your immediate manager.
- Ensure compliance with all HRC HR policies & procedures and legislation including Equal Employment Opportunity and Harassment Legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all IT policies & procedures in particular with regards to: appropriate access and use of systems/software, security of data and policies pertaining to viewing/ copying/ downloading of inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material.
- Ensure compliance with all Procurement and Asset Management policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures pertaining to commercial obligation, risk management and protection of all intellectual property.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree Qualified (or equivalent) – Electrical or Mechanical.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment legislation.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email.
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven.
- Must have an open and international mindset.
- Technical competent with logical and practical analysis of complex situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by a rapidly changing working environment.
Potential candidate must have minimum 3 years to 10 years experience.