- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management
Sadleirs is a diverse and historic industry leader specialising in Logistics, Global Freight and Packaging. We have expanded our infrastructure and services to become one of Australia’s most trusted brands.
Our origins in a ‘customer-first’ attitude, along with a dedicated team of the industry’s leading professionals, ensures we maintain all the qualities and values of our long-standing business.
About this Opportunity
Contribute to the financial integrity of the business by ensuring accurate, timely and effective financial reporting and analysis on an ongoing basis. Assist the Group Commercial Manager and General Manager of the Packaging Division with all Divisional reporting and analysis for the packing division. This includes all Divisional Budgets and Forecasts as required in line with the Group timetable. This is a business partnering role working closely with the relevant Senior Management teams and sales managers, playing an active role in streamlining and improving business process.
- Prepare a variety of monthly and annual financial reports, statements and papers for management and the Board of Directors;
- Manage and process overseas supplier payments and foreign exchange contracts;
- Work with Operational partners to prepare tenders and quotes including rise and fall clause modelling in excel and pricing calculators for contract submissions.
- Ensure asset management compliance including fixed asset register maintenance and general ledger reconciliation;
- Ensure reporting structure provides adequate management information to aid accurate and timely Divisional decision making; and
- Ensure all revenue and cost allocations accurately reflect the activity of the respective departments/states.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or similar;
- CPA highly regarded;
- A minimum of 2 years in a Corporate Accountant role;
- Experience in Inventory management or manufacturing accounting is preferred;
- Expertise in MS Excel (using advanced formulas, pivot tables etc.);
- Solid working knowledge of accounting standards; and
- The right to live and work in Australia.
Culture & Values at Sadleirs
Our culture is a product of our ‘Family Values’ – SAFE, One Sadleirs, Customer Commitment, Communicate Openly & Honestly, Empowerment and Respect. We use our values to make decisions and therefore we make a deliberate choice about what is important to us and our business. We strive to recruit like-minded talent, who want to build their success on our Family Values.
Enjoy working for a company that still has old family values with a culture that makes you feel valued;
- Access to the companies full funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Discounted wine from our own Plantagenet Winery; and
- Corporate rates for Private Health Insurance.
To help us to deliver The Perfect Journey, apply today!
Click ‘Apply’ now and submit your resume!
If you are selected for an interview, you will need to demonstrate your right to work in Australia and you consent to having background checks completed.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet with requested criteria will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?