Business Development Manager
Advertiser: HousingFirstMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
- Join a dynamic, not-for-profit in the community housing sector
- Be instrumental in driving our growth and making a difference
- 12-month maternity leave contract
HousingFirst provides social and affordable community housing for people on low to moderate incomes. Our services are particularly targeted to people who are disadvantaged, experiencing housing stress or at risk of homelessness. We draw on more than 30 years of financial, property development, tenancy, asset management and community development experience to create some of Melbourne’s most attractive and livable homes that people will want to live in now and into the future. What makes HousingFirst unique is our locally-based approach to housing management with an emphasis on building local communities that are welcoming, socially inclusive and great places to live.
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy and Communication, you will directly impact the growth of our business and our ability to provide affordable housing to those in need. You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, by coordinating and writing tender proposals, reports and responses to government and other stakeholders. You will also undertake research and analysis, to assess whether opportunities are economically viable and aligned with our philosophy and strategic direction.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Policy, Business Administration or similar;
- Experience in a similar role with a focus on project management, strategic stakeholder management, project implementation, policy and tender writing;
- Great writing skills and the ability to produce high quality tender submissions within tight time frames.
Our workplace culture is characterised by the values of integrity, respect, inclusiveness, collaboration and accountability. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diversity. We offer attractive remuneration including salary packaging (which can increase your take home pay).
Please note that satisfactory completion of a National Police Check is mandatory.
For further information view our website www.housingfirst.org.au
To apply please send us a cover letter, which addresses the key requirements stated above, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates and will endeavor to respond to all applications. We will not be accepting applications from recruitment agencies.