- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
Sadleirs is a diverse and historic industry leader specialising in Logistics, Global Freight and Packaging. We have expanded our infrastructure and services to become one of Australia’s most trusted brands.
Our origins in a ‘customer-first’ attitude, along with a dedicated team of the industry’s leading professionals, ensures we maintain all the qualities and values of our long-standing business.
About this Opportunity
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and safety focused State Manager to successfully lead our Logistics division in WA.
This role will oversee the management of the logistics operational functions and sales in WA and ensure current and future operational strategies maximise profitability.
- Ensure operations are conducted efficiently and safely in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policies / procedures.
- Effectively direct and lead a high performing and positive workforce.
- Ensure Operational Managers allocate and efficiently manage staff and their performance, including sub-contractors.
- Maintain and build strong customer relationships, whilst sourcing new business and maximising existing opportunities.
- Partner with key stakeholders to formulate, develop and implement strategies and business goals to improve efficiencies.
- Oversee the allocation of assets and resources, including equipment maintenance.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Previous significant experience in a senior leadership position within the Transport/Logistics industry or similar.
- Experience in championing and leading a positive safety culture with a focus on Zero Harm throughout the business.
- Proven leadership ability to build, develop and retain high performing teams that demand ownership, responsibility and accountability through mentoring and coaching.
- Proven experience in collaborating with stakeholders to further grow a business through market analysis, strategic planning and development of initiatives and solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in managing operational budgets and large scale P&L management.
- Experience in change management and successfully managing organisational restructures.
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement management and Union collaboration.
- Tertiary/post-graduate qualifications in business, logistics or other relevant area.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Corporate rates for Private Health Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ now and submit your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your previous experience and achievements.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet with requested criteria will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?