Registered Nurse - School Nurse
Advertiser: Miwatj Health Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Katherine & Northern Australia
- $104,257 - $112,005 + super +bonus + allowances
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
- We’re Australia’s most dynamic and committed Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service
- We know that culture and tradition are important considerations for delivering comprehensive primary health care.
- We’re looking for passionate Nurses who are ready to help change the future for Aboriginal healthcare.
What we stand for
With eight clinics and growing across East Arnhem Land, we’re providing health care services for over 6,000 Indigenous residents. Our Board of Directors represents communities across the region, ensuring every decision we make helps empower Yolngu people to take control of their lives and direct their own futures.
We’re connected by passion
We share a passion for the rich history of the Yolngu culture, and a commitment to ensure that the work we’re doing is instrumental in ensuring self-determination for Indigenous peoples. We’re a people place, where going above and beyond is in our nature. We’re not just offering jobs, we’re offering a way to shape Australia’s future. Do you share our passion?
We need you
Working closely with both our Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Doctors, our Remote Area Nurses are critical to our patient’s success. You’ll be committed to finding the best way to communicate with patients in order to providing great care and follow up with them in sometimes uncertain circumstances.
You’ll be practicing traditional care every day of the week, and having to step up and support on more urgent and complex medical situations when the need arises.
Whether working in a remote healthcare is on your bucket list, or something that is tried and tested, we’d love for you to reach out. East Arnhem Land offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a community where the richness of Yolngu culture is in the air you breathe. But we also know that remote living has its pros and cons.
A competitive salary of $104,257 - $112,005 per annum (depending on skills and experience) and a comprehensive range of benefits including accommodation and a generous bonus are provided with this full-time position.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
In order to deliver on our mission, we know that a collaborative, supportive team is critical. We’re looking for people who are committed to not only growing their capability, but willing to step in and support other team members and patients. Whilst knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is helpful, what will really see you thrive in our communities is an open mind, willingness to be exposed to culture, and curiosity. Before you reach out and apply, we need you to have:
- Minimum qualification as an RN4
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in remote Aboriginal communities and a strong interest in the health issues impacting on Aboriginal people in remote northern Australia.
- Eligible for registration with AHPRA as a registered nurse and in possession of a current practicing certificate
- Possession of the mandatory OCHRE card, and either possession of or eligibility to obtain CPR and AGV certificates
- Current NT drivers licence
To get the Job Description or/and to apply, please click "Apply" button, and contact Miwatj Recruitment for more information at email@example.com.
We’re proud to employ over 110 Yolngu employees, and always looking to increase that number. If you’re Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role, please reach out.