- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney is Australia's leading luxury hotel. Located in the historic Rocks district between the Sydney Opera and Harbour Bridge, our hotel offers 565 spacious and inspired luxury guests rooms and suites, 5 vibrant food & beverage outlets and 20 event spaces.
- Are you a passionate Finance Leader looking for your next challenge?
- Are you an idea’s person who can put into action innovative ways to enhance the hotel's success?
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney is looking for a qualified Assistant Financial Controller to lead the day to day operations of the Finance team. You will be based at Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney and report to the Sydney based Area Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures compliance with all Finance related procedures.
- Lead the preparation and analysis of periodical financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Coach the operations teams to ensure high level of financial literacy throughout the business
- Implement a culture of innovation within the Finance Department
- Work with HR to ensure full payroll compliance
The successful candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Management role.
- Minimum CPA qualification
- Ability to positively collaborate with other hotel departments and teams.
- Ability to nurture talent
- Excellent communication skills, including listening and articulating ideas
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Full time work rights for Australia.
If you have an eye for detail, technical savvy and this sounds like the career move for you, please apply with your Cover Letter and Resume.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?