Music / Drama Teacher | Part Time 1 Day per week in Dookie
Advertiser: Mansfield Autism Statewide ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Mansfield Autism Statewide Service (MASS) is an independent not for profit organisation, that delivers innovative educational and training programs for people with ASD from infancy to adulthood. We empower the individual and their families to live independent, inclusive and productive lives through the provision of individually tailored programs.
We offer a wide range of services for individuals and families living with autism. Our services have been designed as a ‘wrap around’ model – each service complements and enhances the quality of care we provide our clients.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Music/Drama Teacher to join our team in a part time, 1 day per week position commencing Term One 2020.
The position is at our Dookie Campus, an Independent Secondary School which is located on the grounds of Melbourne University Dookie Campus. The school caters for twelve students aged 11-18 years of age with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. The school program is individual and flexible. We have a strong emphasis on health and wellbeing, building relationships and developing confidence in learning.
We aim for and value:
- a safe and supportive environment for all students to meet their full potential
- integrity and honesty in our actions and relationships
- diversity in our curriculum that is tailored to suit the individual
- strong and open communication between school and home
One day per week music and drama program that offers:
- Group drumming session using djembes
- Individual instrument lessons for woodwind and brass
- Group drama session
Ideally you are available on Tuesday’s, however this is flexible based on the right candidate.
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications
- Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration
- Special Education qualification/s preferred
- Experience working with students with a diagnosis of ASD advantageous
We provide a supportive team environment with ongoing professional development.
Applications close Friday 6th December 2019, please click Apply now to submit resume and cover letter. Should you require further information about the role please contact us on 03 5775 2876.
Mansfield Autism Statewide Services are committed to promoting and protecting, at all times, the best interests of children and young people involved in its programs. MASS is a Child Safe environment.
Any child having contact with Mansfield Autism Statewide Service, has the right to feel safe and be safe.
The wellbeing of children in our care will always be our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?