Airport Terminal Project Co-ordinator
Advertiser: PHIA Operating Company Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
About the business
Port Hedland International Airport (PHIA) is a developing regional Airport offering direct services to Bali, Brisbane and Perth and welcomes up to 400,000 passengers per year. PHIA is also home to International freight services, charter and flight training facilities, a dedicated Heliport facility, the Royal Flying Doctors Service and Port Hedland School of the Air.
PHIA is in an exciting phase of growth, we're delivering a strong pipeline of airside and landside projects, infrastructure development and rewarding career opportunities in a fast-paced workplace. We are future-proofing our business by developing and growing our team.
About the role
The successful applicant will co-ordinate the terminal redevelopment project with the contracted builder and terminal internal and external stakeholders to ensure minimal disruption for the all parties at Port Hedland Airport.
The project incorporates the redevelopment and extension of the main airport terminal along with redevelopment of hire car facilities, car parking areas and service roads throughout the airport area.
If you are someone who is passionate about project co-ordination, enjoys liaising with internal and external stakeholders, managing change, delivering superior customer service and working to tight deadlines we would love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate access and assist building contractors with initial investigations.
- Work with the Commercial & Business Development Manager (CBDM) to finalise terminal and FOH design.
- Pre-planning of the staging process and finalising plans in collaboration with builders and stakeholders.
- Liaise with terminal stakeholders during staging process to minimise disruption during the complete building process.
- Enable building operations and site access through the project.
- Liaise with builder around timing and schedule of site works.
- Collaborate with CBDM and Project Manager and resolve all queries for construction progress and ensure compliance to all safety procedures on site.
- Foster solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in site project and stakeholder meetings.
- Reporting on progress and challenges to PHIA management team.
- Provide professional administration support to the CBDM as required.
- Oversee and contribute to PHIA/project documentation; SOPs, correspondence, contracts, manuals, data sheets, procedures, presentations and reports.
- Manage the compliance of approved contractors within the ATSR (Aviation Transport Security Regulations) 2005.
Skills and experience
- Previous Demonstrated Project management experience in a similar role of at least 3 years is highly desired.
- Previous experience of working in the construction industry is highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to easily build rapport at all levels of business.
- Confident telephone manner teamed with solid customer service experience.
- High degree of system competency – MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Thrive in a busy and fast paced environment, must have proven experience managing conflicting deadlines.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task; plan ahead, prioritise and monitor activities and others to success.
- Demonstrated capabilities in judgement, taking initiative, identifying and resolving problems, working autonomously and with internal and external stakeholders
- Hold and maintain a current valid Driver's Licence for the vehicles used at an Airport.
- Be willing to undergo pre-employment medical and/or drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be able to undertake and pass random drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to hold and retain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).