Advertiser: Coral Sea Marina ResortMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
About the business
We are going through an exciting period of change at Coral Sea Marina Resort and now is a great time to join us on our journey. Externally you will notice the renovations of our establishment, but internally we are building a brilliant team; overall creating a stunning, supportive and sensational place to work!
We pride ourselves on our world class facilities, spectacular views and providing outstanding guest experiences that reflect excellence in quality and value.
The Hotel is currently closed for refurbishment and we are excited to show you all the changes at our venue – including a brand-new kitchen space!
We have training and fun activities planned for our team prior to opening, so will need new team members to start week beginning 09 December 2019.
Our team will be hands on in preparation for Hotel opening 21 December 2019.
About the role
We are looking for a casual Kitchen Hand to join our team at Coral Sea Marina Resort at The Rocks and across our function sites.
Our ideal applicant will be able to commit long term to the company and opportunities to grow within our team will present to those that work hard and demonstrate the right skills and attitude.
As Kitchen Hand, you will be responsible for:
- cleaning all food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen items or areas by following correct sanitation methods
- assisting with preparation of ingredient for cooking under Chef supervision
- maintaining a safe work environment by cleaning up spillage when they occur, disposing of rubbish correctly and handle chemicals/cleaning product appropriately
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced professional
- Passionate and determined to ensure our guests receive a wonderful culinary experience
- Ability to follow processes and procedures, particularly around Food Safety and Hygiene practices
- Must be flexible with availability across weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Exceptional attention to detail, positive attitude and love being a team player!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing passionate team at one of the most iconic oceanfront venues in Airlie Beach.
Should this position sound like the opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to hit the Apply Now button to be considered.
Applications to be submitted by Friday 06 December 2019.
Please note, to be considered for this position you must be able to work in Australia and be residing in Australia at the time of application.
Only successful applicants shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?