Sales & Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Resource AdvisoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Sales, New Business Development
About the business
We are Resource Advisory, a business that believes that organisations should be places where people thrive! We are a small and caring team that values teamwork, individuality, care and commitment.
Our business operates under two brands (and two public faces). Our Advisory practice works inside Organisations with Leadership Teams who experience frustrations and challenges with the Coordination of Action and Communication. We help them by building skills and practices to enable leaders and teams to have the conversations that are necessary during times of change.
Our other brand is Liberated Leaders. Twice per year, each year, we invite 25 leaders to participate in a 10-month Leadership Program, known as our Foundations Program, that transforms how they lead. Under our Liberated Leaders brand, we also offer 1-day programs, 2-day programs and are in the planning stages of implementing our new online offer. This is the part of our business that requires support from a powerful and enthusiastic Sales and Business Development Manager.
We began our Liberated Leaders program to reach more leaders and offer more value in our education experience. We suggest that great leaders are great learners. We believe that leaders benefit from reconnecting with the learning process – and the discomfort of being a learner. Our aim at Liberated Leaders is to provide an environment and curricula that 'wakes' leaders to the infinite possibilities they can explore in their current roles, offering the skills, moves and practices to uncover future opportunities by shifting perceptions of self, others and the world.
Our parent company is Resource Advisory which started as a sole proprietorship in 2007 and with a rapid uplift in business in 2008 began trading as a Proprietary Limited Company. Resource Advisory has, since it began, been helping individual leaders, teams and entire Departments deliver communication, coordination, leadership and engagement outcomes that are adopted, owned and sustained by company employees and leaders.
During the past decade, Resource Advisory's Services have evolved significantly to gather expertise in communication, change, leadership, customer and employee engagement.
We are not an ordinary company. Our standards are super high. Our work ethic is strong, and we value and reward initiative. Consider our workplace and practices an example of where an 'entrepreneurial environment' meets big business standards – and we LOVE it this way. Agile, fun, fresh and creative.
The work in our Company and Leadership Brand is progressive. We work on the Google environment, believe in learning, sharing and collaborating and want our staff to aspire to learn and grow whilst working within our business.
About the role
6-month, part-time contract with view to extension – 3 days per week.
We are looking for a sales professional who loves to learn, is passionate about Learning and Development, who enjoys quality conversations, loves variety and flexibility, can multi-task, cares about people, takes pride in their work and wants to be a part of our growing company in its largest growth transition to date. Your role will include, but is not limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities.
- Identifying, liaising and progressing engagement with prospects for Liberated Leaders (LL).
- Nurturing and converting prospects for Programs.
- Coordinating information on prospects and current customer activity using current business systems.
- Tracking Lead Pursuit for Business Development and ensuring a high-quality ongoing contact program.
- Supporting outbound communication and correspondence, including making calls, directing messages, correspondence, requests and enquiries.
- Managing CRM and client details.
- Identifying marketing and sales opportunities for the business.
- Liaising with marketing specialists involved in supporting business growth.
- Planning and mobilising quarterly Business Development activity.
- Leveraging support from the team to manage and deliver streamlined communications to prospects regarding Programs and offers.
- Working closely with the Business Manager to ensure projects are delivered to quality standards.
- Tracking and monitoring customer promises and commitments relating to client delivery.
- Feeding back industry insights to the Directors that shape future business.
- Supporting the delivery of specific projects that enable fulfilment of business strategy.
- Project management for all aspects of Sales and Business Development.
Benefits and perks
We are hiring in Sydney because most of our clients are located here and we have a team member based here. We value 'teaming' as a business and feel this location will offer the most support for this role.
Our business is always on the move and has office locations in Sydney, SE Queensland, and Canberra. We operate primarily from Sydney and have clients in all Capital cities in Australia.
Our work environment is fun and team-based. We have an operational team meeting every morning and this keeps our business moving smoothly and in great communication.
What we Offer:
- A private workstation in a modern shared-office environment in Sydney NSW.
- Tools of the trade including a new MacBook Pro;
- A dedicated Business Manager to Coach and support your daily activity;
- Guidance and support from Business Directors;
- Coaching support from Business Directors;
- Access to all of the Learning Programs we deliver including our Liberated Leaders Foundations Program, valued at $15,000 plus GST;
- Flexible work arrangements where required;
- A balanced workload that will both stretch you and have you reaching a sense of achievement;
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Team events (the latter typically held in SE QLD) to ensure we are connected in relation to communication and meeting each other's needs as we grow.
Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is someone with a 'can-do' attitude! Communication in our business is vital so we require someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential (Key Criteria)
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
- At least 5 years experience in Sales and Business Development.
- Exceptional standards and demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication.
- Motivated, autonomous self-starter committed to completing tasks.
- Capacity to follow instructions and execute independently.
- Great organiser – of self and of others with exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple and emerging priorities and prioritise daily workload.
- Social Media savvy and desire to expand experience.
- Experience with process mapping and business systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Commitment to discretion and confidentiality.
Desirable Skills / Criteria
- A strong network of senior business professionals.
- Capacity to travel on occasion to support program delivery.
- Social media campaign experience
- Tertiary qualification (in support of superior written skills).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in a cold calls sales environment?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?