YOUTH WORKER - Rural NT (no experience)
Advertiser: MANY COLOURS1DIRECTION PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2019
- $50,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Our Therapeutic Residential Program caters for young people between the ages of 07-14 years, and the Program is based on a remote rural property, south of Darwin in the Northern Territory. We are a private Company in partnership with The Australian Childhood Foundation.
The Facility with its isolation is its main asset and the point of its existence. Clients participating in our Programs are given an opportunity to remove themselves from their day to day environment, which in many cases are contaminating. They are involved in a range of experiences and supports that facilitate change and empower the young person to make rational life choices, now and in the future, and to accept the consequences of those choices, be they positive or negative.
This role will offer you Therapeutic training and experience in engagement with these young people in the field, supporting them with issues that are placing them in the High Risk category.
Due to the expansion of our Program and increased Clientele, we are looking for positions to fill.
The Requirements for this role is as follows;
- Must be willing to obtain whilst employed, a minimum Certification III Community Services OR Equivalent
- Must have a Life Skills
- Must have a minimum of 5 years employment Experience in Australia.
- Committed to working a 24 hour, 7 days a week Rotational Shift Roster.
- Must be able to work in a completely Smoke Free Workplace.
- Must be Physically active and motivated.
- Must be able to reside on site when on shift.
- Must be able to Cook
- Holds a Working With Children's Check (Ochre Card NT)
- Holds a Current First Aid Certificate
- Holds a Current driving license
- Has own Vehicle
Some of the qualities you need to be effective within this environment and as part of our Team are patience, kindness and resilience. You will not be easily manipulated, have emotional and physical resilience with the ability to set strong boundaries – you must be able to build trust.
The work our staff does is tough! The environment, the climate, the kids are all challenging but the results can be sensational and offer you enormous job satisfaction.
Register your interest in this position by emailing a current Photograph with your Resume TODAY!
Applications with NO Photograph will not be accepted.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?