Television Production Assistant
Advertiser: Juiced TV (Juiced Enterprises Pty Ltd)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Full time - 6 month contract (with possibility of extension). Ready to start as soon as possible!
Juiced TV, 'the TV show made by the kids in hospital, for the kids in hospital- it's an Australian-first entertainment initiative for children in hospital. In 2020 we're looking to film in more hospitals, with more kids, and we'd love to hear from you if you're keen to jump in to this full-time Production Assistant role with us!
This is a crucial role within our small team, which has a strong focus ensuring processes and workflow within the office and on filming days at Children’s Hospitals are as smooth as possible. The position will support the growth of the company and help us increase the positive impact and number of experiences that we create for sick kids and their families.
This Production Assistant role is perfect for somebody who is a real team player, hardworking, takes accountability for their tasks and their outcomes. We’re looking for someone who is ready to make their mark in this role, and who is enthusiastic about evolving their experience in all areas of production assisting from shoot co-ordination, social media management, and most importantly, helping us make sick kids smile.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are forward thinking, and demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail
- You are a clear communicator, natural influencer, and all-round team player
- You work to achieve positive outcomes for all internal and external company stakeholders
- You bring a positive attitude to all situations and pro-actively problem solve
- You take accountability for your role and are always looking to learn and improve personally and professionally
- You are a self-starter, highly organised, and take great pride in the work you deliver
- You have a willingness to help others, and manage requests in a timely manner with a ‘can-do’ attitude
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO IN THE ROLE
- Support the Series Producer in creating and managing elements of Juiced TV's Brisbane-based weekly episode production and service delivery
- Liaise with children, parents, hospital staff and clinicians to facilitate entertainment and filming initiatives at the hospital
- Assist in coordinating logistics of experiences and shoots on location at the hospital as well as off-site
- Manage the distribution of Juiced TV episodes across digital platforms (Youtube, Website, Cloud based storage systems and servers)
- Manage the Juiced TV website, creating content and managing inbound queries and patient requests
- Manage our E-mail marketing platform, develop and distribute E-Newsletters on a regular basis
- Support and assist with special events, programs and additional services where required
- Create high level social media plans with a demonstrated ability to maximise the platforms and awareness for the program
- Liaise with guests and hospital families in a friendly and compassionate manner
- Develop and maintain smooth work flow both in the office and on location for shoots, following all protocols and procedures
- Assistance with field producing talent and guests and when needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with Children’s Hospital patients, families and staff to ensure the best possible service outcomes are achieved.
- Ensure services and activities are fulfilling requirements, supporting clinicians and improving the hospital experience for patients and families
- Help identify solutions or new service operations to meet the changing needs of the hospital community and environment
- Demonstrate the ability to pick up and learn new skills and knowledge quickly in relation to technical equipment and software
- Be pro-active towards learning new industry, company, product and technical skills
Managing Company Vision
- Communicate a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose
- Talk beyond today, is optimistic, creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the company’s vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone
- Has the ability to inspire and motivate entire units or organisations
THE MUST HAVE'S
If you cannot meet the following criteria, you will not be short-listed. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, and if progressing will be asked to come for a trial to demonstrate their capabilities as outlined in this job description.
- Proven ability to develop positive relationships at all levels of an organisation – internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, willingness to manage requests in a timely and composed manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible in the planned work schedule depending on changing operational considerations, sometimes day to day
- High level of initiative (ie, acts independently to improve processes and problem solve)
- An understanding and ability to develop accurate and concise reports in a timely manner
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- High level competency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere) is advantageous
- Experience in working with children particularly those with special needs is advantageous
Juiced TV staff and volunteers work under Code of Conduct and operating guidelines of The Children’s Hospital Foundation. Juiced TV and the Children’s Hospital Foundation are committed to child safety. The Commission for Children and Young People Act 2000 (QLD) requires that people who work with children in certain categories of employment undergo the ‘working with children’ check. All Juiced TV employees must be eligible for a Blue Suitability Card, issued by the Commission. The issue and maintenance of a positive suitability notice could be a requirement for continued employment at Juiced TV.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?