Technical Support Engineer
Advertiser: Protecht Advisory Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Protecht are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Support team. This position will be reporting to the Director, Technical Support where you will be involved in various exciting tasks and projects.
If you are motivated, professional and committed to delivering high quality work, then we would love to hear from you!
Our mission is to assist our clients in the achievement of their objectives through better risk-based decision making.
We are a leader in the delivery of risk management training, advisory services and enterprise risk management software (Protecht.ERM) and have been operating since 1999 in Australia and New Zealand and recently opened a UK office. We are used by some of the most recognised corporate brands and government agencies in Australia.
Protecht.ERM is an enterprise wide risk management solution that allows clients to rapidly construct and deploy web-based forms, workflow rules and visual dashboards covering areas such as risk assessments, incidents, complaints and compliance activities.
As a working culture, we are agile and promote personal accountability. We care about our people and encourage an open and collaborative working environment. We respect each other's skills, differences and are committed to diversity and inclusion.
About the Role
Due to our growth, we have an opportunity for a motivated full-time Support Engineer to join our support team based in the Sydney CBD. As a Support Engineer you are the friendly first point of contact with our customers with issues affecting their services. You will provide them with world class customer service, troubleshooting and technical support.
Full training in risk management disciplines and our product offering is provided, along with direct access to industry experts.
This is an external client support role. We are looking for someone who has experience in a similar software support environment responding to Level 1 and Level 2 external inquiries from customers via phone and email. Ideally you will have the following:
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Tomcat or other Web Technologies.
- Desktop/Systems Knowledge and exposure.
- Exposure to Databases and SQL.
- Exposure to Linux or Unix.
- An understanding of Business Intelligence.
- Strong listening, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A motivated, proactive and positive approach.
- Be passionate about problem solving.
- Customer centric approach to everything you do.
- Quality focused with a strong attention to detail.
This position has everything - loads of variety, a fun and friendly team, plenty of people contact. It's the perfect role for 'a real people person', keen to take on a position offering full training, autonomy and continual learning opportunities.
If you're ready to make a difference and be involved with a fantastic team look no further.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a small team in an agile environment
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Passionate about problem solving
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a team environment
- Associates Degree in Computer Science
It would also be great if you had Risk Management experience or interest.
Working at Protecht means you will have:
- A collaborative, friendly and open culture
- Opportunity to grow- if you want to progress, we will support you!
- A true flexible working environment
- Your Birthday off
- Fruit at work
- Friday night drinks (and this means soft drinks too)
- Regular out of the office social events (minimum monthly!)
- Fun monthly company meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work in a Sydney CBD Location
- Full Time
How to Apply
- You will need to be an Australian citizen or have a demonstrated right to live and work permanently in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) are you experienced with?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?