Advertiser: Carbar AutosMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
ABOUT CARBAR AUTOS
Carbar Autos is Australia’s first and leading car subscription company. We are a dynamic business that is challenging the status quo in the automotive industry.
We started with the aim to provide a transparent and friendly virtual marketplace for used vehicles. This marketplace has grown to be the foundation of our business, from which we were able to launch our flagship subscription product.
Carbar Autos is an alumnus of Caltex Spark Accelerator and Melbourne Accelerator Program. Our latest round of funding from multinational insurance company IAG (ASX30) will supercharge our growth strategies nationwide beyond our well established markets in Sydney and Melbourne.
We have big plans for the future and we need talented, passionate and innovative people to help us get there. Is this you?
This role will be supporting our Corporate Financial Controller to ensure smooth and efficient operations across the business from vehicle subscription, technology, marketing and growth projects.
Our office is located in Auburn near public transport, with parking available and a short stroll to shops and cafes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Perform all accounting operations and ensure their compatibility with accounting principles and regulations
- Responsible for managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform month-end close processes
- Responsible for effective debt utilisation and cashflow
- Prepare periodic reports for senior leaders
- Monitor all updates to financial policies, regulation, and legislation
- Exposure to day-to-day financial operations of a startup in high-growth stage
- Support the finance team as needed
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 2+ years of experience in an accounting field
- Strong interest in finance and accounting fields with a qualification relevant to this
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, in particular Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel. Knowledge of Google Suite products is a bonus
- IT literate, and familiar with web-based processes and platforms
- You are ambitious and have a growth mindset and are always looking for ways to improve yourself both professionally and personally
- You have a willingness to take on new challenges and tasks
- You have a proactive approach to teamwork, with an ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- You are capable of keeping a cool head in stressful situations
- When confronted with problems, you ask “Why?” and “How can I help?” and focus on finding a solution quickly
- You have the capacity to learn and adapt to workplace changes with a strong attention to detail
- You believe that trust and respect is a two-way relationship that is earned rather than expected
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
We invest in our people and take a strong focus on growing everyone’s responsibilities to match their career goals.
- Competitive salary, and room for growth
- A culture that supports high performers with progression and training
- A team that loves to beat their personal best
- Our senior leadership team has more than 120+ years of combined experience in the automotive, technology, strategy, innovation and products, so you will be in good company to scale up an amazing business
- Generous car subscription benefits
- Comprehensive employee benefits for your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
If you are looking for a challenging role where your contribution is valued and recognised in a fun and focused work environment, click apply!