- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Barry.Nilsson. (BN) is a growing national law firm with over 300 staff across six states, and a formidable reputation within our three areas of expertise: Insurance & Health, Family Law, and Real Estate & Commercial.
Originally a Brisbane based practice, BN has experienced significant national growth over the last five years, opening offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. It's an exciting time at BN, with further growth in our plans, and a number of new initiatives and significant projects underway.
While continuing to grow, the firm has maintained a strong team environment where all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time employees enjoy every second Friday afternoon off. We believe that this displays our progressive approach and is indicative of the culture we promote.
We're now looking for an experienced Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our existing Business Development & Marketing team in Brisbane on an initial 12 month parental leave contract. Reporting to the National Business Development & Marketing Manger and working closely with the wider BD&M team, this role will encompass a broad range of duties, including:
- Drafting, editing and distributing marketing and communication materials including client e-newsletters and alerts, client focused marketing materials, internal communications, award submissions and legal directory entries
- Planning, drafting and publishing social media content, and monitoring engagement across digital channels, based on best practice social media strategy
- Maintaining BN's website, including updating, drafting, editing and publishing site content
- Coordinating and assisting to develop concepts, content and scripts for podcasts, and assisting in editing video content as required
- Assisting with the development of media and publicity materials including proactively identifying media opportunities
- Drafting, editing and publishing content for internal communications
- Measuring and reporting the performance of communications campaigns using available metrics and data
- Assisting with graphic design and brand management for print and digital marketing materials, tenders and capability statements, advertisements and other collateral
- Assisting with tender submissions, as required
- Assisting with ad hoc and administrative duties to support the BD&M team.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a marketing 'all-rounder' with strong communications skills, who is vibrant, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with an organised approach and the confidence to deliver quality outcomes in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing/communications/PR
- 3+ years experience in a similar role within a professional services or corporate environment
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce content that is engaging and accessible to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to translate complex legal concepts into easy to digest, engaging content
- Ability to apply best practice digital and social media skills
- An aptitude for basic graphic design and the ability to layout work for web, video, newsletters and other visual media
- Experience using email marketing programs such as Vuture, MailChimp or similar
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) would be highly regarded
- Experience in the use of podcasts and video in communications campaigns would be advantageous
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing deadlines whilst displaying strong attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop client focused content
- Highly developed interpersonal and professional communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of internal clients
- Positive attitude toward work and a desire to learn and develop the role
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, as required
- Team player with a positive 'can do' attitude.
How to Apply
If you're interested in pursuing this opportunity, please address your confidential application to the People & Culture Manager, Katie Guarrera.
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?