Early Childhood Teacher or Diploma Educator
Advertiser: Leaps & Bounds Preschool Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Our Preschool is located in Manly. We offer a stimulating, fun and home like learning environment where the children are nurtured, challenged and develop self confidence. We pride ourselves on high quality educators that are valued and respected.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Ambition and enthusiasm to create a positive environment where children can learn and gain fundamental skills to set them up for future learning.
- A passion for children, families and the wider community with the capacity to form approachable and meaningful relationships.
- A professional approach.
- Be able to collaborate well within a team whilst inspiring and motivating each other with minimal supervision.
- Some experience working in preschool settings is beneficial
- Deliver a high-quality educational program for young children to become confident and involved learners whilst getting ready for school.
- An ACECQA approved bachelor degree in early childhood education or a Diploma in Childrens Serivces
- A current working with children's check
- A first aid certificate including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Leadership skills in education
- Approved child protection qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate high organisational skills
- Commitment towards working with in the values of our preschool
- Knowledge and respect for the emphasis we place on high quality education and environment
- A vibrant and motivating approach to education
- Teaching in the 4 - 5 year old classroom, creating developmentally appropriate programs
- Effectively working alongside the Centre Director to create a positive learning environment for all children.
- Observations and Portfolio writing
- An ability to identify the different learning styles that motivate each child
- An ability to create and maintain lasting relationships with other staff, parents children and the wider community
Our preschool, for 2-6 year olds and is privately owned and operated. We are licensed for 35 children per day. We provide a Preschool program in an fun, loving environment that fosters exploration and discovery, encourages childrens' passions and nurtures their uniqueness. Our Preschool is a beautiful facility that is an optimal learning environment. Our new playground focuses on natural play materials and sensory learning.
Our aim is to prepare children for life by providing them with love and lifelong learning skills. It is our aim to create a child aware of the importance of compassion, individual differences, health, physical activity, our environment, spirituality, persistence and self worth.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?