Underground Mine SurveyorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Surveying
Auctus Resources Pty Ltd is currently optimising operations by focusing on mining high grade ore from the King Vol mine and producing zinc, copper and lead concentrates from the processing plant at Mungana. The plant is located approximately 16km from Chillagoe, 200km West of Cairns. At Auctus Resources we are focused on Health, Safety, Environment, the wellbeing of our team and delivering sustainable positive results. We aim to continue to support the local community and when possible recruit local residents within the Cairns/Chillagoe corridor, offering DIDO for local hires or a bus service for those in Cairns.
Auctus Resources is seeking to appoint an experienced Mine Surveyor, someone with drive, passion and site experience, up for a challenge and whom has a desire to work within a "can do" environment. Reporting to the registered Underground Mine Manager, and working in a small team of professionals, the key objectives are to safely, profitably & efficiently provide survey support to ensure that mining and processing budgets and physicals are met or exceeded.
8:6 DIDO from Cairns
The core accountabilities of the position are:-
- Ensure that compliance with QLD Mines Regulations, Mining Act and Auctus OHS&T systems and procedures are met or exceeded;
- Develop and manage survey processes and procedures that maximise operational efficiencies;
- Maintain all requisite statutory records, both hard and electronic copy, commensurate with the role;
- Maintain all survey records, both hard and electronic copy, commensurate with the role, including such records as are required to validate the monthly claim of the U/G contractor;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports, claim reconciliation and auditing;
- Assist with design and installation of site services and maintain records of such;
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control measures and procedures are completed to verify the validity and accuracy of survey work completed;
- Consistently review and challenge safety systems, survey practices and designs to seek optimum outcomes;
- Provide full support and assist to oversee the safe production activities provided by the U/G contractor;
- Provide any other reasonable support, in a survey capacity or otherwise, to ensure current or future projects in the Chillagoe province are constantly optimised through all cycles of the pipeline.
To be successful, the candidate will have:-
- Queensland Surveyors Registration
- Tertiary degree or Advance Diploma in Survey
- 3 years + underground survey experience
- QMS S1,S2,S3
- Skills with Trimble and Surpac
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
- Ability to effectively prioritise while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables;
- Team player with the ability to maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
If you are interested in applying for this role please use the APPLY NOW button and attach a CV.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?