Advertiser: TRS Staffing Solutions (Australia) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- South Flank | 15:6 Roster | 18 months contract
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Join our new South Flank Integrated Project team
The South Flank Project is an expansion of BHP's existing Mining Area C hub, located approximately 130 km by road north-west of the town of Newman. This project has potential to become one of the largest standalone iron ore processing centres in the world, within reach of several billion tonnes of high-grade ore.
This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to be part of something big – to work in an innovative team, with evolving technology, and playing a pivotal role in creating a world class mine.
About The Role
This is a dynamic and fast moving role that requires an experienced senior administrator with strong organizational and advanced Microsoft office skills to assist in providing a highly effective support to the Construction Leadership team.
Reporting to the Site Services Manager your duties will typically include but not be limited to:
- Arrange appointments, meetings and functions for site based Construction personnel.
- Coordinate appointments, access and arrangements for visitors.
- Assist and or organise travel and accommodation for the site based construction team.
- Coordinate appointments for team meetings and assist with venue bookings.
- Create purchase requisitions and process service entries via 1SAP.
- Raise work orders for facilities maintenance as requested in 1SAP.
- Conduct adhoc reporting, analysis and develop presentations as required.
- Assist in setting up new employees and embedded contractors including network access, site access, additional hardware requests, training requirements and AMEX applications.
- Assist with coordination of site vehicles & maintenance or repair requirements
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure office is cleaned and maintained, comestibles stocked etc.
- Ensure office facility(s) are stocked with consumables including PPE and printing & stationary products.
- Assist with various report inputs and preparation of daily reports etc.
- Other general office administration duties.
- Cultivate positive relationships through effective communication and consultation.
- Assist the site based team in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute value to the business.
- Demonstrating commitment and conformance to the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 15 days on 6 days off roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a two fully equipped gyms, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, squash courts, golf simulators and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
This role would suit a mature, resourceful and tenacious individual with excellent interpersonal skills who works effectively autonomously and within a team. You will have the ability to manage changing priorities and have advanced Microsoft office skills to support you to provide highly effective coordination and administrative support to the construction management team.
You will have some or all of the following:
- A strong focus on safety in the workplace.
- Certificate II in Business and/or Certificate II in Business studies would be advantageous.
- Preferably 10 years in similar roles.
- Advanced Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications; Word; Excel; Powerpoint; Visio; Sharepoint; SAM’s; TEM (travel expense management) preferred.
- Sound knowledge of SAP application.
- Prior experience with ERMS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting your ability to engage with people at all levels of the business.
- The ability to work autonomously or in a team with minimal supervision in a busy work environment.
- Proven planning and organizational skills supported by strong attention to detail and the ability to work with shifting priorities effectively.
- Full C Class manual driver’s license.
**TRS Labour Hire values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. **
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?