Advertiser: Edmiston JonesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architecture
Edmiston Jones is an architectural, interior design and landscape practice established on the NSW South Coast for over 35 years. We are looking for an enthusiastic student or recent Architectural Graduate to join our team of 25 professionals.
Starting in early 2020, this full-time position is to be preferably based in Batemans Bay, however for the right candidate our Nowra or Wollongong studio could be an alternative option. The successful applicant will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, seeking to fulfil our vision to inspire and enhance lives through extraordinary built environments that are sustainable and sensible. They will work on a broad range of projects to gain a thorough insight into what it really means to be an architect. No architectural experience is required as this is a junior position which will be fully supported by more senior mentors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed or undertaking Bachelor Degree in Architecture
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Design and drafting skills - experience using CAD (Revit or similar programs)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Some understanding of the BCA and applicable Australian Standards and Codes
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a good team player
Additionally, the suitable applicant must be well presented and is required to have their own transport.
Remuneration will be in line with relevant Award.
To apply, please email your CV along with some examples of your work (no more than 10MB PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 11th December 2019.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted, and you must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?