Product ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
HMA Instrumentation Pty Ltd is a member of the HMA Group of Companies and specialises in supplying high technology instrumentation to the major industrial markets in Australia, New Zealand and surrounding regions. Employment conditions in the HMA Group are excellent with:
- 9 Day working fortnight.
- Opportunities for share holding in the business.
- Exciting and vibrant working environment.
- Many future opportunities for an interesting and successful career path with the HMA Group.
HMA represents many highly respected overseas organisations supplying industrial analysers, explosion & overpressure protection systems, burner management systems and fire & gas protection systems. The company integrates, fabricates, imports, distributes, installs and services these products and is recognised in the industry for supplying innovative products and attention to customer and technical service.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the promotion and growth of a key product portfolio. The main industries served will be oil & gas, petrochemical and chemical.
The role will report to the Engineering Manager. We are looking for someone with energy and a strong sense of business development. The successful candidate will be responsible for liaison with key account customers and product support both on a technical and commercial level in conjunction with our external sales force.
This role will be based at our Lane Cove (Northern Sydney) office.
HMA has enjoyed steady growth over recent years and we are looking to build a team to take it to the next stage of it's business development. This is a position for somebody who desires challenge and responsibility.
Product Managers are responsible for ensuring that client solutions are delivered in accordance with the quality system requirements. They are also responsible for obtaining client/customer feed back, resolving any client/customer or product related problems and contributing to the continual improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Manage relationship with principal supplier. Develop good relationships at various levels of the principal's organisation.
- Prepare and reach sales budget.
- Create business plan focusing on areas for growth. Ensure that each product range is appropriately prospected.
- Prepare excellent quotes and tenders with well written sales copy.
- Engineer opportunity for multiple contacts with customers to maximise quote/enquiry hit rate.
- Identification of possible customers and applications.
- Set pricing levels and target margins for various products with Operations Manager.
- Provide training for customers, internal team and sales team as required.
- Ensure orders are processed quickly and accurately.
- Provide technical Specification and support for products.
- Management of marketing data (website & brochure).
- Set excellent customer service standards.
- Visit customer as required for technical and sales meetings.
We are primarily a sales oriented organisation. The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Self-starter with strong results and accountability focus.
- Be confident and engaging, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence.
- Be well organised.
- Project manage larger projects and orders.
- Communicate and work effectively with external sales team.
- Prepare and present technical and sales presentations for prospective clients.
- Engineering qualifications (electrical/mechanical/chemical) or proven experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation Products would be an advantage.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How many years of B2B sales experience do you have?