Debt Recovery & Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Advertiser: Strata PlanMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Credit Control
Strata Plan brings a courageous, modern vision to the world of Owners Corporation management. We believe that if we truly live it, we lift ourselves beyond the daily ho-hum of simply solving problems & administrative tasks. If we deliver on Inspiring Amazing Life Spaces we are positively impacting on the lives of everyone living or working in properties we manage.
About the role
We offer an exciting opportunity for a driven & passionate Debt Recovery & Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join our team.
If successful, you will form an integral part of our Debt Recovery department who are responsible for the Accounts Receivable management of our large portfolio of clients.
Don't be fooled, it is an extremely challenging role & will require you to utilise your numeric skills, analytical skills, investigating skills & accounting super powers, as well as building relationships with team members, clients & key stakeholders, providing them with your trademark powers - " communication & guidance"!
This is so much more than a collections role. You will need to understand the world of Owners Corporations, have an idea of how our business units function & why, plus so much more!
Skills & Experience
If you're up for the challenge, we're after someone who has high expectations for their own success & achievements, along with their team, always thinking 'we can do this better’ & being highly driven to improve.
- Experience in the Body Corporate/Owners Corporation industry is preferred
- Experience handling difficult & complex situations & complaints
- Excellent communication, problem solving & customer service skills - Must be able to think on your feet!
- Experience in a debt recovery or accounts receivable role
- Must be a team player & have the ability to strive in a high performing team
- Solid organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise & jump between tasks when required
- Excellent written, verbal & numerical skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure & to short deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced office environment
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, Excel (Salesforce would be a bonus too)
Benefits & Culture
- Be a part of our rapidly growing team, with endless opportunities for success
- Quarterly team building activities
- Team lunches - every Friday!
- Great rewards program – opportunity for our team to earn up to an additional $5K per annum, the longer you're a part of our team the more we offer - including property investment opportunities!
- Established company values & strong purpose – Inspiring amazing life spaces
- Open office environment & friendly team
- Systems so advanced they'll blow your socks off!
Duties & responsibilities
Your main responsibility within Strata Plan as part of our Accounts Team is to 'Inspire Amazing Life Spaces'
You must be prepared to HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!
- Contacting debtors by telephone/email regarding collection & recovery of outstanding accounts
- Perform skip tracing to contact debtors
- Determine the most appropriate plan of action to recover debts - The skies the limit!
- Negotiate re-payment with debtors by form of payment in full, settlements or payment arrangements if required
- Follow up on promise to pay and payment commitment accounts to ensure a positive resolution and client satisfaction
- Make VCAT applications & attend hearings as required
- Perform monthly, quarterly & annual accounting activities including reconciliations
- Issuing monthly levy & levy arrears notices
- Responding to levy account queries
- Calculating & raising deficit levies when required
To express your interest in this role 'apply now' via SEEK with your resume and cover letter attached. To find out more about our fantastic company and culture visit https://www.strataplan.com.au/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have collections experience?