Advertiser: OCTIEF PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
OCTIEF operates a NATA Laboratory offering a wide range of analytical tests to government, industry, and private clients. We are focused on providing clients with quality, innovative and cost-effective solutions.
OCTIEF has current vacancies for 2 x casual Laboratory Assistants in our Environmental/Chemistry Laboratory. This can be a physically demanding role and is very hands on during all phases of the process.It requires extreme attention to detail as you will be working with HAZMAT samples.
The Laboratory Assistants primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sample receipt logging;
- Preparation of samples for analysis;
- Analysis results data input;
- Operation of analytical equipment;
- Generation of sample result reports;
- General laboratory cleaning and maintenance tasks;
- Other tasks as requested by your reporting supervisor.
Previous experience in a similar role is desired, however this position is open to applicants with related experience and full training will be provided.
- Desirable skills & experience include:
- Experience within an operating laboratory;
- Experience with laboratory software systems;
- High attention to detail; must be extremely well organised, and capable of handling multiple tasks;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Adaptable and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and effectively within a team environment;
- Experience in MS Office suite;
- Current valid open drivers licence;
Working with Children, Criminal and Employment health checks may also be necessary.
Please only use the Seek process to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?