Building Designer / Draftsperson (3-5 years experience)
Advertiser: Lateral Building DesignMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
About the business and the role
GROWTH MINDSET +
COMPANY & TEAM SUCCESS =
The projects we complete are just as important to us as they are to our clients. Our mission is to provide personalised building design solutions expertly delivered with experience, advice & a focus on our clients individual needs.
Our clients are full time or part time property developers & anyone looking to renovate or extend an existing home or design a new home.
Projects are varied & include new home design, extensions, renovations, unit developments, town houses, apartments, childcare/medical or veterinary centres, factories, offices and other commercial projects.
An open plan design room allows for a 'whistle while you work' approach, lots of job sharing & bouncing ideas off one another. Our systems & procedures are exemplary & have contributed to our 96% success rate in achieving town planning permits for our clients.
It's essential that you are looking for long term, stable, employment with lots of opportunity and reward for effort. Therefore you must also be eligible to work in Australia for the long term. A drivers licence is also essential.
Candidates with 3-5 years experience will be considered for this role.
If you're interested in this role, please supply all of the following:
- A cover letter. Include in same why you would like to join our team and the qualities you can bring to our team & Company.
Full consideration will be given to those supplying all relevant information and meet the selection criteria. Successful candidates will be contacted to complete a DISC questionnaire and subsequent interviews.
We value your time as much as our own, so if you don't have the appropriate work rights and qualifications, please look for other/more suitable positions.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Subject to experience, the duties may include:
- preparation of town planning & building permit applications
- preparation of initial concepts / designs leading to full town planning drawings & documentation
- preparation of working drawings & construction details
- autonomy on projects from design to completion
- manage applications through council
- Our new LBD Studio opens soon creating opportunties to assist clients choose different building materials and textures to compliment and enhance designs.
Skills and experience
- team player
- growth mind set
- positive & vibrant attitude
- a fabulous work ethic
- willingness to learn, be flexible & pitch in where ever needed to assist fellow team members & clients
- honesty, loyalty & integrity
- a good sense of humour
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Building Design/Architectural Drafting
- understanding of building & town planning regulations
- working knowledge of autocad and/or revit
- strong computer & communication skills
- 35 hour week
- Opportunity for additional hours to be worked/accrued for time off in lieu at a later date (subject to work requirements)
- Bonuses and rewards
- Car parking available on site/close by
- Located near Eastlink and train station
- Professional development opportunities
- Annual 2-3 week closure Dec-Jan each year
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in building design / building design drafting?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?