National Chemical Sales Engineer
Advertiser: CHEMXPRESS PTY LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Chemical Engineering
ChemXpress is a national distributor of specialised water treatment chemicals.
We are rapidly expanding our distribution network across ANZ. Every day, our core product is used to treat drinking water, making it safer and healthier to safeguard our communities across Australia, NZ, Pacific Islands and Australian administered territories.
Our product is the accepted primary disinfectant for potable and wastewater treatment throughout the world.
ChemXpress have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated chemical sales engineer to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and driving the growth of the ChemXpress business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Actively sell and promote ChemXpress innovation and technology to customers to encourage long-term business relationships.
- Identify external business opportunities across districts and business groups.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations.
- Assist with interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Monitor assets, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary.
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports.
- Display leadership and competency to successfully lead the business unit.
- Develop and execute strategies for growth.
- Leverage knowledge and expertise to actively mentor other employees.
- Exhibit expert-level knowledge in all product areas.
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand their business needs in a consultative manner. Our customers know their core business your role is to develop creative commercial solutions.
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue.
- Monitor competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including plant or facility executives.
- Formulate and execute sales plans to meet sales and achieve profit goals.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer concerns, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in Chemical Engineering and/or technical sales or field sales support experience specifically around the water & wastewater chemical industry
- Working knowledge of potable and wastewater treatment systems
- Knowledge or experience in statutory water authority methods of operation and procurement systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on executive and multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- Expert written and spoken English
To be discussed further with applicants after receiving your invitation to attend an interview
Please send your application (a maximum 5 pages) in MS Word to:
Applications close 3:00PM Wednesday January 15, 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in chemical engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?