Advertiser: Ladbrokes AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
At GVC Australia Pty Ltd we love entertainment and innovation! We are part of GVC Holdings, a FTSE 100 market-leading global gambling business with licences and operations in more than 18 countries and a team of about 30,000.
GVC Australia launched successfully in September 2013 as Ladbrokes Australia and now operate four bookmaking brands: Neds, Ladbrokes, Betstar and Bookmaker.com.au. Our growth and success have come from driving innovative and market leading betting experiences developed in-house by our exceptional team.
We are committed to responsible gambling and follow a strong Corporate Social Responsibility agenda. With the attitude of a start-up but the support of a significant multi-national company, GVC Australia is an exciting place to work!
About the UX/UI Designer:
The UX/UI Designer understands the customer, market and digital landscapes and is well equipped to create engaging, usable and accessible digital experiences and interactions to allow customers to consume our products. They will be involved in all stages of digital product development including research, testing, inception, development, execution, analysis of the design usage and engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of target users to produce usable online products.
- Use market and customer research (qualitative & quantitative) to identify improvement opportunities.
- Use customer research artefacts such as Persona, use case scenarios, interactive prototypes, competitive analyses, flows, and conceptual maps, to craft interaction designs that meet the needs of customers.
- Conduct frequent validation by running user testing (targeting both external and internal users), evaluating whether a prototype allows a given user to easily achieve their objectives.
- Take part in design sprints to test concepts.
- Propose solutions that balance user needs with business goals and technological capabilities, understanding how and why people use our products and the overall Customer Experience.
- Map product requirements to a design and maximise customer engagement and usability across a range of platforms (desktop, mobile and apps iOS and Android – including response design requirements).
- Provide feedback and input on Information Architecture to facilitate the navigation of online products across diverse platforms.
- Design engaging experiences across all platforms.
- Present concepts to the Product Delivery Teams and Senior Leadership as required.
Analyse & Monitor Design Performance
- Understand how to analyse the success of a proposed concept and produce any associated reports.
- Work closely with analysts to derive key data and learn, adapt and iterate new designs.
- Ability to receive and adapt work based on feedback
- Experience with user testing (online and/or in labs)
- Experience in suggesting/implementing A/B test to optimise digital experiences
- Ability to work closely with development teams and accept technological constraints when relevant
- Strong communication skills to evangelise the UX design and make a case through prototyping
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch, Abstract and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Invision and/or Axure
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to present design concepts and pitch development that best benefit the customer and business
- Strong transactional website experience
- UX Analysis experience
- A Tertiary qualification in Design, Visual Arts or Technology is advantageous
- Experience working as part of a team with an understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience with online analytics tools such as Hotjar, Clicktale, Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics to analyse the success of designs
- Genuinely flexible work arrangements and ‘dress for your day’ dress code
- Work in an informal, fast-paced and fun environment
- Opportunity to see the impact and results of your work every day
- Access to free and discounted tickets to sporting and racing events
- Awesome company celebrations
- Paid Parental Leave
- Heavily subsidised gym memberships and other paid for services as part of our wellness calendar (flu vaccine, social sports, corporate games, Employee Assistance program)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry for your breakky and lunch, weekly staff lunches and afternoon beverages on Fridays
- On-site barista during business hours
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a user experience (UX) designer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?